Wednesday 14 June 2017

KUSHAL PODDAR - Featured Poet

Houses Without Rooms

Tonight the wife 
living on a handcart 
outside your house
will writhe under
her drunken husband
and will swear-

Never more!

and will love him ever more,
and their daughter will know-
tomorrow she will have
a new doll her father 
can never afford.

Tonight I strolled

all the way to your house.
It remains painted white.
Back on my bed I ride
a handcart of sleep
with you and our Cain and Abel.
I promise I shall buy
a toy earth for each of them,
if you let me fix the heaven again.

Bio:
Kushal Poddar is presently living at Kolkata and writing poetry. He authored chapbook ‘The Circus Came To My Island’ (Spare Change Press), full length books “A Place For Your Ghost Animals” (Ripple Effect Publishing) and Knowing The Neighborhood  (Black Rune Press, Australia), Scratches Within (Amazon), "Kleptomaniac's Book of Unoriginal Poems" (BRP, Australia).

No comments:

Post a Comment